Tuesday 3 April 2012

Some first thoughts to get the ball rolling



“Numero pondere et mensura Deus omnia condidit” - Sir Isaac Newton 


 (God created everything by number, weight and measure.) 


Psalm 8
3 When I consider your heavens,
   the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars,    which you have set in place,4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,    human beings that you care for them?



Funny how life is sometimes as we start down one road and find our heart on another. During my university days I considered myself more of a biology-guy than anything else; after all - my degree was in the life sciences. I especially fell in love with cell biology, microbiology and genetics. Although I still get giddy when thinking about those disciplines, once I started teaching I felt drawn to the physical sciences of chemistry and physics, especially as they relate to cosmology.  Consequently, I see the fingerprint of the Divine everywhere! Not only that, but God has allowed me the privilege to be surrounded by incredible young people and together to look into the face of the Divine as we 'consider' His works. God is great!




5 comments:

  1. Blog on!
    I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is my first stab at blogging so it will be interesting to see how this develops.

      Delete
  2. Way to go Pat! Bloggers unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a long way to go before it compares with your blog, but I'm learning at least... :)

      Delete
  3. Pat, I am honoured that "together [we get] to look into the face of the Divine as we 'consider' His works. God is great!" It is a pleasure working alongside you and I thank-you for the friendship we have and the mentor you are to me. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete